[postgis-devel] Windows builds

Mateusz Loskot Mateusz.Loskot at cadcorp.com
Thu Aug 27 08:04:02 PDT 2009

Paragon Corporation wrote:
> For the WKT Raster builds, I was thinking might make sense to keep them
> separate instead of what I was originally thinking combining them since
> they
> run at different paces and also the wtraster binaries are small.
>
> How does the structure I have in place for postgresql 8.3 windows look.
> have the WT Raster in a separate binary from the windows 1.4 etc.
> experimental.  That way people who want to just pull the latest wkt
> raster
> windows binary for their current postgresql install can.
>
> WKT Raster folks,
>
> I have't played around with this yet so feel free to test to mae sure I
> compiled right, but I recall you saying their isn't a strict binding to
> PostGIS aside from it relies on PostGIS 1.4 and above?
>
> Just wondering if I have to specifically say which source I built
> against.
>
> Anyway the PostgreSQL 8.3 experimental binaries are here
> http://postgis.refractions.net/download/windows/pg83/experimental/

Regina,

I'd like to confirm that both, PostGIS 1.5 and WKT Raster binaries
for PostgreSQL 8.4 work well for me.
Now, I'm testing WKT Raster on Windows, and everything just works very well.

I'd like to thank you, and all who are involved, very much for
providing these experimental Windows binaries.

WKT Raster is ready to let it out to the (brave) public :-)

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot
Senior Programmer, Cadcorp