[postgis-devel] WKT Parser changes for Curve support

Mark Leslie mrk.leslie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 20:03:40 PST 2009

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> I think so; the other option of course is to stick with that you are
> doing and add the parser position as part of the tuple. Hence when you
> check the geometry retrospectively, you can still correctly return the
> error position back to PostgreSQL.

This is why I like smart people.  This hadn't actually crossed my mind,
but it makes a world of sense.  It actually gives me much more
flexibility than the original so I should be able to report
discontinuities in compound curves (the current bane of my existence) in
a useful manner.

I've made a quick pass using this and have the reporting back to where
it was before I started breaking things.  Now I've got some time to
clean it up before the feature thaw.

Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect
LISAsoft

Ph: +61 2 8570 5000 Fax: +61 2 8570 5099 Mob: +61
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf 19-21 Pirrama Rd Pyrmont NSW 2009

LISAsoft is part of the A2end Group of Companies
http://www.ardec.com.au
http://www.lisasoft.com
http://www.terrapages.com