[postgis-devel] Memory Leak (Two Senses)

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 12:24:12 PST 2009

Paul Ramsey wrote:

>> Indeed. I'm inclined to try and keep the LWGEOM disk format unchanged from
>> 1.3 to 1.4 just so that people can just upgrade and hence migrate away from
>> 1.3 to the newer codebase as quickly as possible :)
>
> Were you thinking of doing this for 1.4? I figured we were getting
> close to "fix bugs and start release candidates". Although, now that I
> type that, I *really* should force GEOS 3.1 out before we put 1.4 out,
> so that 1.4 can claim all the new features of GEOS at the same time.
>
> P.

Ah okay - I got the impression you were trying to do a lot more work for
1.4 such as the shp2pgsql GUI and the extra lwalgorithm functions, but
I'd be quite happy to start to tie up the loose ends and get this ready
for general use sooner.

How about creating a page on the wiki called PostGIS14ToDo or similar
where we can devise a complete list of outstanding issues for 1.4,
listed by developer name? We can then go through and resolve them
one-by-one.

ATB,

Mark.

--