[postgis-devel] Issue 18 in postgis: Remove RECHECK requirement on index

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Jan 12 08:24:18 PST 2009

Comment #5 on issue 18 by pwramsey3: Remove RECHECK requirement on index
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=18

Regressing for performance is practically impossible, as far as I know. If
we were a huge organizations, we would
maintain a set of older versions we could run a performance regression
suite on, but we're not, and I cannot
think of any general purpose way to build performance improvement testing
into our regression suite so it could
make a meaningful determination with just one copy of the software.