[postgis-devel] Public/Private API, ST_*/_ST_*

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Mon Jan 19 20:43:03 PST 2009

Unfortunately, when we function re-named things for 1.2, things got a
little out-of-hand, and every single function ended up with an ST_*
sibling. I'd like to back away from that a bit now, and flip private
functions into _ST_* space.  Some examples are st_geom_accum,
st_unite_garray, etc.  I'd like to do it without leaving the old
variants around. This is "breaking", but since the functions are
private, hopefully not actually breaking.

P.

--
Paul Ramsey
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org