[postgis-devel] Public/Private API, ST_*/_ST_*

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Jan 19 21:08:01 PST 2009

Well actually I should elaborate.  If you are building your own aggregate functions or doing something like

SELECT ST_Unite_garray(ARRAY(SELECT the_geom FROM foo))
FROM foo2

Is often times much more efficient than using ST_Union.  Aside from you can't easily use ST_Union with something like the above.