[postgis-devel] Alignment Revision

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Tue Jan 20 17:13:26 PST 2009

I wonder if I should put this document into SVN? We could start an
RFC directory for these kinds of discussions. Things like your
performance testing, Mark, shouldn't be hidden in the mail archive.

(This revision adds two examples for single-part multilinestrings,
which shows one of the downsides of including a "user-data" 4-byte
block at the start of the structure. Might be better to just pad the
PG_LWGEOM an extra four bytes forward (but then you pay in the simple
point case).)