[postgis-devel] Windows builds

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Mon Jul 13 12:44:51 PDT 2009

>I can see at least 2.
>
>http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/browser/spike/wktraster/rt_pg/rt_pg.h?rev
=4009

There is st_raster_envelope(raster). What is the other?

>> I haven't test much but I am
>> pretty sure that the way WKT Raster is built right now makes it to
work
>> with PostGIS 1.3.5, 1.3.6 and 1.4. If not, then we will have to get
rid
>> of the link dependency (by implementing the only dependent function
>> (st_raster_envelope() in PL/PGSQL)...
>
>I'm not sure it's feasible, because SQL layer of WKT Raster
(rtpostgis.sql)
>heavily relies on PostGIS elements, just to mention the
>most important one - GEOMETRY type.
>
>How do you imagine to get independent of that?

We can not be independent of PostGIS at the SQL level, but we can be
independent of the dll versions if we do not link with it (as far as the
SQL functions signatures do not change - they rarely do - and that they
return the same objects).

st_raster_envelope() can be implemented in plpgsql like I did for
st_esriworldfile(raster)

The constraints of having to install our own version of PostGIS would
scary users too much. It is much better to stay away from the dll stuff
and to rely on PostGIS only at the SQL level.

Pierre