[postgis-devel] SERIALIZED_FORM, where to read more or can anyone explain?

nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Thu Jul 16 13:43:25 PDT 2009

In liblwgeom.h some document : "SERIALIZED_FORM doc" is refered. Is there any? How to find it?.

What I want to do is get the bbox in a function in measures.c. I tried :
if ( getbox2d_p(SERIALIZED_FORM(geom1), &box1) &&
            getbox2d_p(SERIALIZED_FORM(geom2), &box2) )
from lwgeom_geos.c but the compiler complains about that I'm calling VARDATA, wich can't be found.
I see that :
#define SERIALIZED_FORM(x) ((uchar *)VARDATA((x)))
on line 734 in liblwgeom.h refers to VARDATA.

So, where to learn about SERIALIZED_FORM?

Cheers
Nicklas