[postgis-devel] New uninstall_postgis.sql script

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Jun 6 10:57:38 PDT 2009

Tom,
I suppose touching the system tables is a big no no too or not possible (I
think its just the .so, .dll file that changed in our case)

 (or is that what you were thinking with the PgMigrator as part of the
catalog table changes it does).  I think our main issue is just with types
and possibly aggregates (if people have views against aggregates).

I've been doing dumping reloading so haven't fully tested.  So its just the
annoying fact that TYPE has no CREATE OR REPLACE like functions do.  If such
a thing existed for TYPES I would expect all of this would be a non-issue.

As far as people going from PostgreSQL 8.3 + Postgis 1.3  ->  PostgreSQL 8.4
+ PostGIS 1.3

I haven't tried it yet but being at the Bruce's talk -- I think his approach
will work fine for those folks since non of the types, lib names, signatures
etc. changed.

Of course there is the lame solution that we simply don't change our .so,
.dll names then 1.3 to 1.4 migration would be the same as any other
migrations in the past (except for the drop aggregate addition) and DROP IF
EXISTS for the new pg_abs types.

Thanks,
Regina