[postgis-devel] postgis_upgrade.sql

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jun 24 07:28:52 PDT 2009

That could get unwieldy.

You would also need a

Upgrade_1.3_to_1.5.sql.

I was thinking of the idea of a plpgsql function we preinstall that  the
user runs that checks the system catalogs and deletes all stuff
conditionally we can get away with deleting or we know changed (so no DROP
CASCADE since that's dangerous)

Then once they run -- they run the regular upgrade script.  I suspect a lot
of people have remnants from past installs that make the simple idea of
upgrade_x_y not full proof.

Thanks,
Regina