[postgis-devel] PostGIS 1.4 RC1 vote

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Jun 28 13:27:54 PDT 2009

Can we vote on a PostGIS  1.4 RC1 and plan to release such a thing within
the next day or so?

I would have gone straight for the 1.4 release, but I think we have made
enough minor changes since the 1.4Beta call (e.g. the shape loader) to make
an RC desirable.

I would like to beat or at least within the week after PostgreSQL 8.4
official release -- have the PostGIS 1.4 released.

PostgreSQL 8.4 is at its release RC1 phase (has been for a week) and since
there don't seem to have been many grumblings, they might go straight to
release after this RC.

If however people feel we are ready to go to straight release from here, I'm
not going to stand in the way.

Thanks,
Regina