[postgis-devel] configure error while building WKTRaster on Ubuntu 8.10

Tyler Erickson tyler.erickson at mtu.edu
Tue Mar 3 07:24:51 PST 2009

I'm running into some problems building WKTRaster on my local machine
(running Ubuntu 8.10).  The first issue was that the configure step
failed when it could not find ./ltmain.sh.  Manually adding a ltmain.sh
file (provided by strk) allowed me to get past the configure step, but I
then encounter errors during make.  Because  I don't know whether the
errors are related to the custom ltmain.sh or something else, I'd like
to determine how to run the configure step without needing to manually
add the ltmain.sh file.

So my specific question is:
(1) Why would my build look for ltmain.sh (since strk indicated that the
build script doesn't use libtool) ?

The prior email thread on this issue is included below.

- Tyler

--
Tyler A. Erickson, Ph.D.
Research Scientist, Michigan Tech Research Institute, and
tyler.erickson at mtu.edu
(734) 913-6846
http://people.mtri.org/tyler+erickson
http://www.mtri.org