[postgis-devel] WKT Raster:WhyhavingtocompilePostgreSQL&PostGISfirst?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 06:02:55 PST 2009

Pierre Racine wrote:

> Even though proj-4.6.1 was built without problem, make install did not
> copy it in the /usr tree. Is there a way to see the order in wich it
> looks for dll and load them so I could identify what's missing?

Sorry I missed this thread - I got sent away with work for a couple of days.

Any DLLs required by PostGIS need to go in the PostgreSQL bin directory
so that they can be found by the server. See the Win32 installer for
more details - you can open the EXE using 7-Zip to see the layout of the
contained files.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS