[postgis-devel] Issue 123 in postgis: SQLite output format support for shp2pgsql

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Mar 9 08:28:47 PDT 2009

Owner: ----

New issue 123 by schuyler.erle: SQLite output format support for shp2pgsql
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=123

Please find attached a patch that adds a -L option to shp2pgsql provide
special-case data typing and string formatting for SQLite-compatible output.

I have tested the output with SQLite 3.5.2 and it correctly creates and
populates a table. The geometries are correctly stored as WKB in an SQLite
BLOB column.

Granted there are other ways to import spatial data into an SQLite table,
but shp2pgsql is the fastest way that I've found to convert both Shapefiles
*and* DBF files into SQL suitable for quick import into a database, which
is very handy for piping to SQLite's in-memory databases.

Attachments:
	shp2pgsql-sqlite-mode.patch  4.4 KB