[postgis-devel] Issue 125 in postgis: postgres.h header isnot included first

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Mar 9 16:16:43 PDT 2009

Comment #1 on issue 125 by mloskot: postgres.h header isnot included first
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=125

I'm sorry, but apparently I've had no idea that Google Code magically
reacts on some
keystrokes, so I accidentally submitted incomplete report.

The problem is that PostGIS sources does NOT include postgres.h header
first, on top
of other source files, as chapter 34.9.2. "Base Types in C-Language
Function" of
PostgreSQL manual specifies:

  Note that you should always include postgres.h first in any source file,
  because it declares a number of things that you will need anyway.

This causes number of problems while building PostGIS using Microsoft
Visual C++
(8.0) compiler.

I attached patch I generated against recent svn trunk revision and tested
on Linux.