[postgis-devel] Code sprint notes

Mark Leslie mrk.leslie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 20:20:53 PDT 2009

> The short version is that we want to minimise 1.4 changes to encourage
> people to upgrade from 1.3, and things that are likely to break
> applications will wait until 2.0.

Agreed.  I especially don't want to break 1.4 before it's actually
released:)
I expect to be able to serve both the existing wkb/wkt using the
non-ST_* functions and the sql-mm versions using ST_*, the way it's done
with ST_GeometryType and GeometryType, but I haven't looked into the
details yet.  I'll post back once I verify my wild assumptions.

> BTW we were hoping to get a 1.4 beta released over the next few days, so
> I suspect the SQL-MM changes will have to wait for 1.5 at the earliest.

I'm currently doing my work in a parser spike to stay out of the way of
the release, so I'm quite happy with this.