[postgis-devel] RE: WKTRaster news from the Toronto CodeSprint?

Mateusz Loskot Mateusz.Loskot at cadcorp.com
Fri Mar 13 06:40:44 PDT 2009

Stephen Frost wrote:
> What does this raster_column look like?

Load the spec page [1] and look for section titled "RASTER_COLUMNS Metadata Table"

[1] http://www.cef-cfr.ca/index.php?n=Membres.PierreRacineWKTRasterSpecifications

> Would it be possible to just
> encode the necessary information into the typmod (32-bit integer
> field)?

Everything is possible, only a few things are worth to be implemented.

> That would be much nicer than having yet another table in the public
> schema that doesn't really belong.  I hope to do the same for the
> geometry_column some day..

If you present OGC guys with good reasons, perhaps it will happen one day.
However, nobody has explained what's really wrong with that.

Anyway, discussions about it belong to the world of Sci-Fi, IMHO.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot
Senior Programmer, Cadcorp