[postgis-devel] [WKT Raster] Type of extent columnofRASTER_COLUMNS

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Mar 16 11:08:44 PDT 2009

Mateusz

> BTW, I'm a complete noob in the world of PL/PgSQL, so I'd appreciate if
someone fluent in this language could review if the code of AddRasterColumn
> function is acceptable/correct/efficient/etc.

Couple of cursory observations.

1) Using ALIAS $1  is kind of arcane and went out in the PostgreSQL 7
series.  The new preferred since 8.0 is just to have it in the arg def
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/plpgsql-declarations.html#PLPG
SQL-DECLARATION-ALIASES

2) For your secondary definitions I would use an sql function instead of
plpgsql.  It will make your code a bit shorter and probably slightly faster.

Leo