[postgis-devel] Issue 119 in postgis: ST_AsSVG crashed DB backend with large geometries.

Courtin Olivier olivier.courtin at camptocamp.com
Fri Mar 20 04:14:25 PDT 2009

On Mar 20, 2009, at 10:55 AM, codesite-noreply at google.com wrote:

Mark,

> I'm still nervous about this, since I can't see a reason for this
> crash to happen.

+1

> i) I see different output between 1.3 and trunk for Regina's comment
>
> The trunk output contains extra 'L' characters - Olivier, can you
> comment on this?

Yes it's related to:  http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/paths.html#PathDataBNF

We have upon the spec, the choice to have (or not) the L and l, after
SVG moveto
  without L  ->  moveto-argument-sequence
  with L 	   ->  moveto wsp* lineto

And as the 'l' was already present in relative output, i added the
extra 'L' for
absolute one (consistency preoccupation).

But if we want to keep strict same output between 1.3 branche and 1.4
i could revert this easily

--
Olivier