[postgis-devel] Slouching Towards 1.4

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Mar 25 03:21:45 PDT 2009

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Folks,
>
> We've got a number of issues still in "Testing", can you flip them to
> fixed unless you truly are still testing them? After that, the doco
> folks do need to complete the transition to the new documentation, and
> windows testing needs to be done, and we're without spitting distance
> of an RC.
>
> Mark, do you want me to try to get a "beater" out? It would require
> you to release a Win32 version, just to get a maximum amount of
> beating done.

Just an update on where I think we are with respect to putting about a beta:

i) I've managed to compile GEOS 3.1.0 on Win32, but I haven't tried
1.4.0SVN with all the new autotools changes yet. This I hope to do later
this week, but I can't see too much that will break under MingW.

ii) In terms of upgrading from 1.3, I've just remembered that Olivier
altered the signature of the ST_AsSVG() function, plus I've altered the
ST_Extent() function signature with GBT#93. So we really need to put
these changes into the PostGIS soft/hard upgrade scripts. Paul, are you
able to take a look at this?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS