[postgis-devel] Issue 137 in postgis: st_distance, shortestline (, st_maxdistance)

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Mar 26 02:06:42 PDT 2009

Comment #6 on issue 137 by post... at jordogskog.no: st_distance, shortestline
(, st_maxdistance)
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=137

Regina, sounds ok I think

I have commented out the longest and shortest line-functions in
postgis.inc.sql.c

Then I have made I very small change in moving some declarations because of
warning that ISO C90 don't want mixed declarations and code. So now I get
no new
warnings when I'm compiling.

One question:

In the function st_shortestline, if the two geometries intersect the
returned line
has both the start and the end-point in the first intersection-point. I
thing that's
a logical result and useble with st_startpoint or st_endpoint to identify
the
intersection if distance is 0. But there are severel occasions when the
distance is
0 but there is no intersection-point like one geometry inside polygon. Now
you get a
line with starting and ending at origo. That's not good. Is a empty
geometry the
best or...

/Nicklas Avén

Attachments: