[postgis-devel] SVN trunk libxml2 detection is broken

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 12:24:49 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

Both the in_gml and in_kml regression tests are failing for me at the
moment - it looks as if it's a bug in the libxml2 detection code which
prevents the input functions in postgis.sql from being generated
correctly. I see the following messages when running "make check":

gcc -E -traditional-cpp postgis.sql.in.c | grep -v '^#' > postgis.sql.in
postgis.sql.in.c:3431: error: token "@" is not valid in preprocessor
expressions
postgis.sql.in.c:4506: error: token "@" is not valid in preprocessor
expressions
sed 's,MODULE_PATHNAME,$libdir/postgis-1.5,g' postgis.sql.in >postgis.sql
gcc -E -traditional-cpp uninstall_postgis.sql.in.c | grep -v '^#' >
uninstall_postgis.sql.in
uninstall_postgis.sql.in.c:253: error: token "@" is not valid in
preprocessor expressions

I'm guessing that this will be fixed upon resolution of ticket #344.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk