[postgis-devel] Doxygen linking is pretty neat

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon May 4 03:07:00 PDT 2009

Paragon Corporation wrote:
> Strk,
>>> Also, as you noted, hyperlinking is done using the {@link
>>> method_name} tag ... I have no idea if this is respected in
>>> Doxygen though ... you'll have to experiment.
>>
>> It's often automatic if Doxygen knows about a symbol. Not sure
>> actually about C, but in C++ sometime it'd take a fully-qualified
>> name to make that automation work.
>
> I did try it and it seemed to respect it.  It also respects @see and
> creates a nice "See Also" section when you do that.

Doxygen respects both conventions by default, so \ and @ are
interchangeable:

"All commands in the documentation start with a backslash (\) or an
at-sign (@)."

http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/commands.html

> The @brief thing as far as I could tell did not work as expected (so
> might switch back to \brief)

Are you sure there is blank line after brief ?

http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/commands.html#cmdbrief

> or maybe the enabling autobrief messed that up.

In libLAS, we use autobrief in C++ code:

http://liblas.org/browser/trunk/include/liblas/lasheader.hpp#L183

> But my mutli-line briefs don't seem to be respected or the one I was
> looking at wasn't being respected and was just grabbing the first
> line.

There should be blank line and JAVADOC_AUTOBRIEF = NO
or you the latter is set to YES and brief documentation should
end with full stop.

Best regards,