[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #299: Geography ST_Intersection -- check the brain-dead obvious before transformation

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Nov 11 20:46:03 PST 2009

Paul,
I wasn't thinking of it so much as masking as avoiding it.  Though I guess
it depends how fast our st_distance check is since mythought was we check
for intersection or bbox intersection first.

Its more of an issue when we implement ST_Difference -- if they don't
intersect the difference is clear - why return me a drifted geometry instead
of the one I gave you?

I for one would prefer things like ST_Difference and ST_Intersection be
purely C so we can handle special cases without introducing drift or bad
drift when no perfect SRID fits both.

Thanks,
Regina