[postgis-devel] Document about PostGIS source

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 09:39:59 PST 2009

sinan keskin wrote:

> Hello,
> I want to implement some new functions in PostGIS for example like
> ST_Covers_fuzzy(...) and I will use them in my application as like other
> PostGIS functions.
> For this purpose I got source code of PostGIS(postgis-1.5.0SVN) from SVN
> repository.
> But I don't exactly know that where to begin.
> Is there any document or link can be suggested to me for getting more
> information about source code?
> For example, I looked over to the source code, there was some .c and
> .java files. What for use these files?
>
> Thanks for helps...

Hi Sinan,

I would suggest reading the various documentation files provided with
the source, and also taking a look at the Developer section on the wiki:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevWikiMain.

If you feel anything is missing, then please feel free to add new
content or ask any further questions on the -devel list.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk