[postgis-devel] Two questions about wktraster development

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 03:05:09 PDT 2009

Hello everybody,

During this summer, I took part in Google Summer of Code, developing
the WKT Raster driver for GDAL. After the program, I'm going to carry
on with the project. Just now, I'm testing 2 features I couldn't test
properly during GSoC. These are out-db raster support and endianess.
And I've a couple of questions:

- Out-db support: I modified the gdal2wktraster script to add out-db
support [1]. I had to "hack" the WKT Raster extension code to allow
out-db rasters too. I simply commented the lines 532-535 of
$WKTRASTER_SRC/rt_pg/rtpostgis.sql file (out-db checking). Is it a
good way of doing this? Temporarily, of course.

- Endianess: I tried to insert raster data with different endianess
than my machine, but when the INSERT was executed, the endianess was
changed to the correct one. At which level does it happen? WKT Raster
extension level, PostgreSQL level? I couldn't apply a "hack" here...

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Jorge

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/227