[postgis-devel] ST_AsText(geometry) 2.0

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Mon Dec 6 14:31:26 PST 2010

No, the names collide, here's the ISO definition

"The null-call method ST_AsText() returns a CHARACTER LARGE OBJECT
value containing the well-known text representation of SELF. Values
shall be produced in the BNF for <well-known text representation>."

I don't think having "AsText" return OGC and "ST_AsText" return ISO is
a good fix, as ST_AsText and AsText have been synonyms since 1.2.

Paul