[postgis-devel] loader/cunit

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 03:33:21 PST 2010

strk wrote:

> Going on with my SUBDIR-based makefiles I stubled upon
> loader/cunit dir (running 'make check' under loader).
>
> W/out my change, those unit test don't run at all, is
> that expected ? Running the tests give lots of failures.
>
> So, are those tests meant to be run and should thus be fixed ?
> Or should they be just NOT run (and thus probably dropped) ?

Hmmm it looks like it was something Mark (Leslie) was working on, though
I get GTK reference errors so they would have absolutely no chance of
running unless ./configure was run with --with-gui.

I'm not sure that you can actually unit test an interface, and given
that the lower level liblwgeom functions should be exercised in the unit
tests there, I'm not quite sure what these can achieve? Mark, any comments?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk