[postgis-devel] Calling Index Genii

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Thu Dec 30 15:32:04 PST 2010

You edit the postgis/gserialized.h file and define or undef GSERIALIZED_ON

BTW, I have a theory now which I just need to test... the data are 3D!
And in fact the new GiST index will build an index WITH DIMENSIONALITY
DETERMINED BY THE DATA. Not by the opclass. So the tree built with the
new index is going to be more expensive to search in 2D than an actual
2D tree would have been. I just need to change my input data to 2D and
see if the performances fall into line to confirm my guess.

P.