[postgis-devel] 1.5.0rc2 - FAST TURNAROUND

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 01:43:12 PST 2010

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> I am unclear on which of these problems are caused by us and which
> should be expected to be worked around by you as a packager? I don't
> know what pkgsrc is or how it affects things. Basically what I'm
> saying is you're kind of on your own -- if you send a patch that works
> for you, we can try it and make sure it doesn't break everything else.

AFAICT the library naming problem is not ours, whereas possibly the
attempted linking of a static library into a dynamic executable is ours.
I think in legacy times the compile flags were different for static and
dynamic object files which is why libtool is complaining - but strangely
NetBSD seems to be the only platform complaining about this...

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk