[postgis-devel] Please 'make style' before committing

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Mon Feb 22 09:34:38 PST 2010

Guys, I already looked into this, you can't (well, at least shouldn't)
do it in a pre-commit hook because it confuses your svn client. It
doesn't expect files to get modified during the commit process (other
than by specific built-in handlers for eol and variable expansion) and
so when they are, later update checks are confused by files which are
the same revision, but are cleaned-up by astyle in the repo and not in
your local checkout - you end up with a borked sandbox and have to do a
fresh checkout. Best you can do is run it in "check" mode and not allow
commits with bad style. Which might be nice, but I don't think you'd
want to do it until everyone was on board and the kinks are worked out.
At which point it probably wouldn't be necessary.

Cheers,
Chris