[postgis-devel] [WKTRaster] Setting properties on a raster

Mateusz Loskot Mateusz.Loskot at cadcorp.com
Tue Feb 23 07:16:34 PST 2010

Pierre Racine wrote:
> David Zwarg wrote:
> >There is no ST_GeoReference method (currently), which is in the 0.1.6d
> >spec.  However, there is an ST_gdalgeotransform and an
> >ST_esriworldfile method.  Are these alternate/vendor specific
> >implementations, and ST_GeoReference is just eerily similar, or should
> >one of them be renamed?  I was also thinking about writing the setter,
> >but wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping on ML's toes -- the task is
> >assigned to him on the planning page.
>
> ST_esriworldfile() and ST_gdalgeotransform() are replacement for
> ST_GeoReference().
>
> There should probably be two different setters: one the ESRI way, one
> the GDAL way. The difference between the two is only that one uses the
> upper left CORNER and the other one the upper left CENTER.

Pierre,

Yesterday during talk with David, I suggested to refactor the two functions
ST_esriworldfile() and ST_gdalgeotransform() back to single function
ST_GeoReference and control output with parameters. I didn't mean to
apply this idea straight away, but to go through spec-level first, of course.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot
Senior Programmer, Cadcorp