[postgis-devel] longitudeWrap

strk strk at keybit.net
Wed Feb 24 02:40:55 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:29:30AM +0000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> strk wrote:
>
> >If anyone wants to test the interface, here's the code:
> >http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/tmp/longitudeWrap.sql
> >
> >If you agree I'd put this in as ST_LongitudeWrap.
> >
> >ST_shiftLongitude I don't like the automagic-symmetric
> >hardcoded behaviour and the fact it acts point-by-point
> >rather than geometry-by-geometry (the latter can produce
> >badly invalid geometries, with lines spanning the whole world).
>
> Any reason why it's not written in C? We really want to move to putting
> all functionality in liblwgeom for unit testing purposes...

Only reason is I'm still gathering comments on the interface.
For example, since the function takes an 'amount' value, it may
be general enough not to have 'longitude' in it's name.
For instance, it should work in mercator as well, where coordinates
are in meters.

  /\   http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html