[postgis-devel] history management

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 09:39:22 PST 2010

Actually it could work in simple tables, but when you are registering
history_tables the system updates geometry_columns.

I guess that's the only constraint.

The proposed version also has functions to turn off "logging", but for what
i can remember, it doesn't mess with geometry_columns. It's just the
registry process that involves a geometry.

George

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 2:29 PM, strk <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> May I ask why the the history_table support functions
> are supposed to be postgis-specific rather than postgresql
> general ?
>
> Wouldn't it just work for any type of table ?
>
> --strk;
>
>  ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
>  /\   http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html<http://foo.keybit.net/%7Estrk/services.html>

George R. C. Silva

Desenvolvimento em GIS
http://blog.geoprocessamento.net