[postgis-devel] New make garden rule

strk strk at keybit.net
Sat Feb 27 07:08:22 PST 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 01:40:35PM +0100, Olivier Courtin wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2010, at 1:00 PM, strk wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 04:09:27PM +0100, Olivier Courtin wrote:
> >
> >>I've add a new 'make garden' rule in main Makefile.
> >>It launch full Garden Test regression process.
> >
> >Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a Garden Test ?
>
> It's the regression tests writted by Regina, and based upon
> PostGIS documentation functions prototypes.
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevWikiGardenTest
>
> It's usefull to see if Postgis just don't crash on some functions
> with peculiar geometry input.
> Or if some functions returns unwanted lwerror...

Neat, I'm gonna love it!
What's the recomended way to check if an error occurred ?
I got not "failure" notice but saw lots of "aborted transaction"
messages flying by. Things like:

 ERROR:  function st_point(numeric, integer) does not exist
 LINE 2:    FROM ((SELECT ST_SetSRID(ST_Point(i,j),4326) As the_geom

As long as the script tries to use documented calls this sounds
like a failure to me...

Results report (found but not properly advertised by 'make garden')
is here (volatile): http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/tmp/garden_result.txt.gz

Not sure it also contains stderr.

  /\   http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html