[postgis-devel] make pdf problem for 1.5.0beta1

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Tue Jan 12 20:35:18 PST 2010

It still doesn't work for you?  Hmm.  I do this on my Centos 5.2 build
without any errors:

svn -q co http://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/trunk src
cd src
./autogen.sh
./configure \
  --with-pgconfig=${POSTGRESQL_HOME}/bin/pg_config \
  --with-geosconfig=${GEOS_HOME}/bin/geos-config \
  --with-projdir=${PROJ_HOME}
cd pdf
make pdf

You're trying to build the pdf for the tagged release without building
postgis itself?  This also works for me.
svn -q co http://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/tags/1.5.0b1 tag
cd tag
svn merge -r 5112:5113 http://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/trunk
./autogen.sh
./configure \
  --with-pgconfig=${POSTGRESQL_HOME}/bin/pg_config \
  --with-geosconfig=${GEOS_HOME}/bin/geos-config \
  --with-projdir=${PROJ_HOME}
cd doc
make pdf

'postgis-1.5.0b1.pdf' successfully built

You sure you re-ran configure (since the patch only affects
doc/html/image_src/Makefile.in)?  Otherwise the Makefile would not have
been regenerated.
I'm not sure what else to suggest.  Anyone else have ideas?

If you don't mind waiting, once 1.5.0 is finished with beta testing,
I'll post the new pdf to http://www.postgis.org/documentation/ along
side the other releases so you don't have to build it yourself.

Cheers,
Kevin