[postgis-devel] PostGIS 1.5 regression with GEOS 3.0.3

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Jan 15 02:15:44 PST 2010

Kevin Neufeld wrote:

> +1 for 3.1.  Yes, it's been out for only a little while, but I also see
> what Regina is saying.  If you want the latest and greatest functions
> from PostGIS, it stands to reason you'll need the latest and greatest
> supporting libraries.
>
> -- Kevin

+1 for 3.1, as I see the GEOS releases like this:

3.0 - has known bugs
3.1 - works well, but can leak memory
3.2 - (hopefully) works well with no memory leaks

Otherwise people will keep reporting the same bugs against GEOS as they
will for the old versions, and so bumping the GEOS version should keep
the bug noise lower on the new release.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS