[postgis-devel] A first request from WKT Raster folks to PostGIS ones

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Wed Jan 20 23:34:40 PST 2010

Hi PostGIS folks,

geometry_same(),  postgis_gist_sel() and postgis_gist_joinsel() are marked for deprecation in 1.5. Does this mean they will be removed in 1.5?

Would it be possible to keep those functions so we do not have to release a version of WKT Raster for PostGIS 1.4.X and another for PostGIS 1.5.X? Is this a reasonable request?

Probably you didn't mind removing these functions from the PostGIS SQL API because probably nobody use them, but WKT Raster does...

Unless we can do conditional creation of SQL function in the SQL file? How?

Thanks,

Pierre