[postgis-devel] astyle

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Jan 27 04:49:38 PST 2010

Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> I have no vote, but I second Regina's opinion.
> It will effectively disable comparing/patching across major releases.

Obviously we would run the astyle over the 1.4 tree as well. 1.3 is
pretty dead for any development now.

> The better option is to set pre-commit hook and just disable commits
> which do not conform to the conventions.

That could possibly be a work around, although I think I would find it
frustrating if I had to do a quick commit and it got rejected. Scheduled
runs of astyle stills seems the most reasonable solution to me.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk