[postgis-devel] topology.sql distribution

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 08:52:43 PDT 2010

strk wrote:

> Eh, topology.sql distinguishes ISO/MM signatures from PostGIS-internal
> ones by use of that prefix ...
>
> (which is one of the reason why I didn't like the full ST_ addition
> to all functions)

Yeah; the conversion from non ST_ prefix to ST_ prefix functions was not
a particularly well thought-out one.

In terms of determining ISO/MM vs. PostGIS-only functions, our current
philosophy is to add a marker in the documentation for
standards-compliant methods, e.g.
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.5/ST_Dimension.html.

ATB,

Mark.