[postgis-devel] PostGISonline.org is online :-)

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Sun Mar 7 17:45:30 PST 2010

Hallo

My first attempt with postgisonline. www.postgisonline.org

It is now up and running, but totally without any cosmetics.

For those don't knowing what I'm talking about from some mails in 2009 it is an idea about a site to try and test PostGIS.

It is also possible to write simple tutorials that control text, sql-code, background-map and a backgroundimage if wanted.

The tutorial thing works and makes it possible to just pass the tutorial-utl as a querystring, but I have disabled it now because I don't know how to handle the security issues.

The site is ran on linode.com as a Xen-virtulized ubuntu-server.

Now there are only a few tables to use in the database but I will put in more.

Now geometry-collections is not handled, but I think I have an idea how to solve that. But it will not be right now.

Try it and give feedback.

I will wait a few days before mailing on the user-list because I want to find the most obvious bugs first.

I someone wants to help I'm greatful.
I will put all code in public when I have cleaned and structured it a little better.

I see a lot of development potential init and would like to make it some sort of open project.

I have tried it in IE and Firefox

So, navigate to www.postgisonline.org and try it

Thanks

Nicklas