[postgis-devel] [gdal-dev] [WKTRaster] WKT Raster band to GDAL band

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Tue Mar 9 05:39:33 PST 2010

>> You know how to quickly display geometries? Do you? I use OpenJump.
>>
>I've used QGis. I'll try OpenJump. Thanks for advice.

With OpenJump you make any query to PostGIS and display the fetched geometries. I don't know if you can do this with QGIS.

>> If it would be useful to you, then it would probably be useful to us...
>>

>Ok, I'll propose it in the specs at wiki.
>

>> By the way: I saw that your code does not handle the SRID. That means ST_AsPolygon(raster, integer)
>-> geomval set would have to get it itself from the raster. Maybe it would be more efficient to
>include it in the wktgeomval structure so ST_AsPolygon could use it directly in
>ST_GeometryFromText(text WKT, SRID) without having to query the raster again.
>>

>Yes. I might access the SRID from the rt_raster object that contains
>the band. Mmmm... now I remember. About the GeoTransform, I thought in
>using rt_raster_get_x_offset(), rt_raster_get_pixel_width(),
>rt_raster_get_x_rotation(), rt_raster_get_y_offset(),
>rt_raster_get_y_rotation(), rt_raster_get_pixel_height(), as you said,
>instead of the default {0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0,1.0 }, but in the
>method I only have the rt_band. These kind of things made me think
>about getting the raster object from the band.

I'm wondering if the solution to all those problems would not be to add the raster as a parameter to your rt_raster_as_wktpolygon function.... You could then access any function you need.

Pierre