[postgis-devel] ST_asGML strictness

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Mon Mar 22 15:56:47 PDT 2010

On Mar 22, 2010, at 11:00 PM, strk wrote:

Hi,

> I'm in the process of adding optional 'prefix' parameter
> to the ST_asGML family of functions.

Well i was also curently working on it...

Still have to debug/cunit and document it

> In doing so, I was thinking to just add the new parameter
> to the end of the existing ones, but that would force anyone
> willing to add a prefix to specify all args.

Same, same...

Except that this parameter is optional,
so it keep the compatibilty with older versions

It becomes:
   -> a specific option (4 th parameter) to remove ns prefix
        if we want/need no prefix at all

   -> the 5th optional parameter to specify something else
        than ns prefix: gml

   -> in any other cases (so like now), prefix is: gml

Thoughts ?

--
Olivier