[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #484: [wktraster] rtpostgis.sql.in.c using old style 1.3 syntax and other arcane stuff

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon May 31 19:08:41 PDT 2010

#484: [wktraster] rtpostgis.sql.in.c using old style 1.3 syntax and other arcane
stuff
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  robe       |       Owner:  pracine
      Type:  task       |      Status:  new
 Component:  wktraster  |     Version:  trunk
Resolution:             |    Keywords:
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Comment (by robe):

 2) Its a bit easier to read camel case I think and would also match the
 documentation which is camel case.  In the end it doesn't matter too much
 since when it gets into PostgreSQL it all ends up being lowercase by
 PostgreSQL.

 3) Not all functions need costing.  The ones that take a lot of time that
 are non-SQL functions should have costing where there are conditions where
 they may not need to be run.  I'm not sure we have any of those at this
 point.  Probably best to just wait off on this.  For SQL functions --
 generally you don't want to cost them since they often get dissolved by
 the planner into constituent parts.

 5) Yes blindly.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/484#comment:5>