[postgis-devel] Doubt - PostGis

Andrea Peri 2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 12:03:16 PST 2010

>BEGIN;
>INSERT INTO tb_circularstring (ID,NAME,GEOM ) VALUES
>(1,'1',GeomFromText('CIRCULARSTRING(8 8, 1 1, 1 0)',-1));
>commit;
>select * from tb_circularstring;
>
>I can see data in the database, but tools donĀ“t show the geometry to me.
>
>Need I add data into any other table ?
>I am using: Quantum GIS, Open Jump, Udig ...
>Any tool shows the data
>
>What is wrong.

The tools GIS don't support the
CIRCULARSTRING geometry,
so you must trasform it in a LineString using the ST_CurveToLine(..)

with QGIS you can use the RT_SQL_Layer plugin and put this query :

select id,ST_CurveToLine(a.geom) as geom  from tb_circularstring as a;

or with other gis tools
you can create a view for call always the same query:
select id,ST_CurveToLine(a.geom) as geom  from tb_circularstring as a;

Regards,

Andrea.