[postgis-devel] Regular expressions in PostGIS sources

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Mon Nov 15 12:29:23 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at opengeo.org> wrote:
> There's some regex support in postgresql core. What do you need regex
> for in raster?

Hi Paul,

For MapAlgebra implementation at core level. The ST_MapAlgebra
Pl/pgSQL function takes an input argument like "SELECT rast + 3",
meaning "add 3 to all raster's pixels", and it calls a  core function
(via postgresql function) to perform the operation.

Should I parse the expression in PL/pgSQL function, at postgresql
level or at core level? Now, I'm working only at core level.

Thanks!

--
Jorge Arévalo
Internet & Mobilty Division, DEIMOS