[postgis-devel] Make war on LWGEOM_INSPECTED

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Fri Nov 19 08:13:56 PST 2010

On Nov 19, 2010, at 5:04 PM, Paul Ramsey wrote:

Paul,

> I'd like to expunge LWGEOM_INSPECTED next. Perhaps the largest
> functional use of it is in the lwout_svg/gml/kml functions. Wouldn't
> it be fun to re-work those without inspected? :) :) :)

Yeap i've seen that point on LWGEOM 2.0 Wiki page.

> If you did them
> with the stringbuffer_t ala the new lwout_wkt.c the code would get
> much smaller at least. If you don't want to do it, let me know and
> I'll do it instead. But it must go, since it's just a wrapper on top
> of the serialized form.

Few month ago i already try to rewrite AsGML with stringbuffer
I was impressed by the size of the code (so pretty indeed)

But the performance was poorer, something like 20-30% if i recall.
I didn't took time since to investigate why and if it could be
significantly improved

On the timing aspect, is it something you want to be done ASAP
or it could be postpone till very end of December ?

--
Olivier