[postgis-devel] Something wrong with build

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Wed Oct 13 14:40:47 PDT 2010

  Ok, after some troubleshooting, I've traced the problem to this commit.

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/changeset/5466/trunk/doc/postgis.xml

If I revert this change,
   make chunked-html jumps from 20 minutes to 1.
   make comments     jumps from 15 minutes to 0.
   make pdf          jumps from 22 minutes to 8.

Perhaps the corresponding issue (#471) should be reopened and different
solution found.

-- Kevin

On 10/13/2010 1:57 PM, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> Have any idea how long its been going on.  I could take out some of the
> sections I added to  postgis_aggs_mm.xml.xsl  to see if that improves
> things, but the documentation however you look at it is significantly larger
> in 2.0.  Just the Raster section alone adds about 50 pages.
>
> Though like I mentioned on our local doesn't take that long (probably about
> 2 minutes at most), but we don't have the doc book dtd etc included so
> perhaps the extra dtd validation is eating up resources.

>>> r
>>> unk-bu