[postgis-devel] current_parser_check_flags

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Oct 20 16:42:37 PDT 2010

I'm slowly working through getting a new WKT-to-LWGEOM parser in
place, and the first steps are the longest, as I have to replicate the
behaviour and API of the current parser... so having got to the point
of extracting location information and handling error conditions I'm
now looking at the parser check flags. And strangely, though I can see
quite clearly where the current_parser_check_flags global is set at
the start of the parse phase, I cannot see anywhere thereafter that
refers to the value of that global. I would, looking at the code, say
the checks are being ignored, if not for the fact that I can run SQL
and actually see them being applied... so: how does this work? Mark?
(Strictly speaking, I don't need to know how the current stuff works
in order to make my stuff enforce the checks, but I don't like being
ignorant in this way.)

P.